Passionate & Persistent
Representation for the People of New Hampshire

DWI/DUI Attorney in Manchester, New Hampshire

Facing DWI Charges?

Experienced Legal Representation for New Hampshire Residents

A DWI in Manchester, NH, can have a significant impact on your life, including possible jail time, fines, and loss of your driving privileges. In order to avoid serious criminal penalties or even get your entire case dismissed, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney from Attorney Joseph Kelly Levasseur, PLLC to help you get the best possible outcome in your case.

I, Attorney Joseph Kelly Levasseur, am a Manchester DWI lawyer who can help you navigate the legal process. I won’t treat you like another case number. Instead, I take on a selective number of cases at one time to provide clients with the skilled and dedicated legal defense they deserve.

If you have been arrested for DWI, call us or contact us online to start planning your defense.

DWI in New Hampshire

In New Hampshire, an individual is considered to be Driving While Intoxicated with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08% or higher or while driving under the influence of natural or synthetic substances that impair your ability to operate a motor vehicle. The penalties for DWI depend on whether this was the first, second, third, or subsequent offense.

Possible penalties for DWI in New Hampshire include:

  • First Offense – No jail time, fines of $500-$1,200, and a driver’s license suspension of up to two years

  • Second Offense – 17 days to 1 year in jail, fines of $750 to $2,000, and three-year driver’s license suspension

  • Third Offense – 180 days to 1 year in jail, fines of $750 to $2,000, and lifetime driver’s license revocation

In certain situations, aggravating factors may exist that will result in increased criminal penalties--even for a first-time offense. You could be facing an aggravated DWI charge when the situation involved an accident that caused serious bodily injury, driving at 30 miles per hour or more above the speed limit, an attempt to elude law enforcement, driving with a passenger under the age of 16, or a BAC of .16% or higher.

After a Drunk Driving Charge
Contact me

Alternatives to A Jail Sentence

In some cases, the judge may choose to suspend part of the jail sentence in favor of two years of probation. Before receiving a suspended sentence, the individual must serve five days for a second DUI or 14 days, if there is a prior within the past two years and 30 days in jail for a third offense. After serving the minimum required time, you would be on probation.

While on probation, you will most likely have to comply with a requirement for an alcohol and drug evaluation. In addition, you may have to participate in the Impaired Driver Care Management Program, which includes substance abuse treatment, alcohol and drug monitoring, and random drug testing. I can advise you about how the law applies to your case.

Driver’s License Penalties

In New Hampshire, you could face penalties for failing a chemical test, refusing to submit to a chemical test or a conviction for DWI. The length of time that the DMV may suspend your license varies, depending on the reason for the suspension and whether this is the first offense, or you have prior convictions for DWI. In some cases, it may be possible to have your license reinstated earlier for drivers who complete a substance abuse evaluation and the Impaired Driver Care Management Program. If you were stopped for driving under the influence and either failed a chemical test, refused to test, or were charged with DWI, the best thing you can do is to reach out to me and let me help you maintain your driving privileges.

Schedule a Free Consultation Today

With more than 20 years of legal experience, I understand what it takes to help you either get a not-guilty verdict, get your entire case dismissed altogether, or avoid serious penalties like jail time by reducing your charges/penalties. Do not hesitate to let me protect your rights, reputation, and freedom throughout the legal process.

Please call us to schedule a free consultation in person or by phone.